How to send your colour hint
1Find your colour hint
Tell us about your desired colour through a colour hint. It can be anything, as long as fits inside an envelope*. Alternatively, you can send your inspiration or imagery in writing.
- For example…
- A printed photograph or magazine clipping
- A piece of paper or fabric, or a button
- A cherished memory, a memorable scene from a film or an excerpt from a novel
- *Please note:
- Maximum size: 105mm×148mm (A4 sheet folded in four)
- For large objects, please send a photograph
- Perishables (including food, drink, plants and living matter), valuables and dangerous goods are not accepted
- Please clearly mark the area of colour reference
- Due to the nature of our inks, transparent, metallic, white or very pale colours are unable to be reproduced
- Up to 3 colour hints can be included per envelope
2Write to us
Fill in a letter sheet and share the story behind your colour or how you intend to use the ink. Based on your message, we’ll reimagine and mix your colour. Customers can download and print the PDF via the link below.
- Required fields:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- About your colour hint*
*For multiple colours, please write about each one
3Post your letter
Please enclose your colour hint and letter sheet in an envelope and send to us at the following address. Recommended envelope size: C6 (162mm x 114mm). The cost of postage is not included.
Address: ATTN Inkstand Post, 1-6-2 Misuji, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0055, Japan
- Your package will be handled with care and respect for your privacy.
- Your colour hint will be returned to you along with your colour options.
- Please understand that minor staining of your item may occur during the colour mixing process.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage incurred in transit to us.